If you are new to us Click Here and tell us more about yourself.
“Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We understand three main ways that God makes us into disciples at Braddock Street Church: worship, small groups, and service to those in need.”
WHO WE ARE – VIDEO
Braddock Street lives into the call to make disciples of Jesus Christ by being in relationship with our neighbors. From specific church missions, to organizations in the community, to opportunities to join in partner relationships around the globe, Braddock Street uses missions as a gateway to relationship building with all God’s children. Through these relationships with people in Third Spaces (or places that are outside of our circles of peers), we share God’s grace and love, inviting others into God’s embrace.
“At Braddock Street, we believe in creating opportunities for individuals to inquire about their faith and about the world. From those authentic conversations, we have the opportunity to grow closer to God and to one another. Our community offers classes that meet regularly during both our 8:45 and 10:00 AM worship times on Sunday morning, and also offers groups that meet throughout the week. You can learn more about small groups by clicking the link below, or you can contact Pastor AhnnaLise Jennings-Stevens with any questions you may have.”
As followers of Jesus, we show our love for God when we worship. Christians come together to worship on a regular basis because Jesus worshipped regularly (Luke 4:16). Our love for God is expressed when we pray, when we sing, and when we give. We experience the presence of God’s Holy Spirit, and we are changed as we hear God’s teaching for our lives.
Braddock Street Church offers two traditional worship services at 8:45 and 11:15 AM and one contemporary worship service at 10 AM, each Sunday.
We invite you to express your love for God and to be transformed by His Love during worship! Children are welcome in worship, and a nursery is also provided during all worship services.
Sundays 8:45 and 11:15 AM
Our 8:45 AM and 11:15 AM worship service is in the traditional style. The liturgy is printed in a bulletin. Hymns are sung from the hymnal and accompanied by our pipe organ. A choir or quartet will typically offer an anthem. Holy Communion is celebrated the first Sunday of each month.
Sundays 10:00 AM
Our 10 AM worship service is in a more contemporary style. Worshipers come dressed as they are. The Braddock Street Praise Band leads us in songs that are taken primarily from the top 100 contemporary praise and worship songs. The band members will sometimes offer original selections or modern treatments of traditional hymns.
Parking Locations at Braddock Street UMC
1. Our MAIN PARKING lot is across Braddock Street from our building. The gate is up for Sunday morning services and special events. Exit by way of the orange exit gate. It will open as you approach it. During the week, church members have an access code, but are asked to not use the parking spaces marked “reserved” Monday through Friday. We have rented these spaces to people who work downtown.
2. COVERED PARKING: We have a few spaces that are covered, underneath the second floor of the educational wing along Braddock Street.
3. HOSPITALITY PARKING is available all week long. This small lot must be accessed through the one-way alley off of West Cork Street (between Braddock and Washington Streets). We ask that able bodied church members not use this during Sundays, so that it will be available for first time visitors, seniors, parents with small children, pregnant mothers, and so forth.
4. STREET PARKING: Metered spaces are free on weekends. Street parking is free at all times along Cork, Wolfe, Washington, and other streets away from the downtown (Loudoun St.) mall.
- Location: 115 Wolfe Street Winchester, VA 22601-2311
- Directions to Braddock Street UMC
- Contact Church Office: 540.667.3366. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the email list to receive our Weekly Newsletter
Sign Up Now
People of the United Methodist Church